Become a Truck Driver in California

CDL Truck Driving.

Complete our simple and free application and CDL Career Now can quickly put you in contact with California truck driving schools so you can begin your CDL training.

At CDL Career Now, we have a relationship with several truck driving schools in California that offer a variety of CDL training services, as well as job placement assistance to those who qualify. Our CDL training application is specifically designed to pre-qualify the CDL candidate, assuring that you meet the California CDL requirements and find a quality truck driving school in California as well as job placement assistance, when appropriate.

Feel free to dig deeper by clicking the best California city below to see a list of schools near you. Or you can fill out the application to the left and let us take it from there. Remember, it cost you nothing to apply! The important thing is that you take that first step towards quality CDL training and a rewarding CDL career now.

California Truck Driving Schools Near:

State of California CDL Requirements

California residents looking to obtain a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) are required to:

  • Be 21 years of age to drive commercial vehicles for hire outside of California, or 18 years of age to drive for hire within California
  • Complete a CDL Application form (DL 44C). To obtain this form by mail, call DMV’s automated phone service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-777-0133.
  • Complete a 10 Year History Record Check form (DL 939) if you have been issued a driver license in the same or different name to operate any type of motor vehicle in another state or other jurisdiction within the previous ten years.

Federal regulations require a person who is applying for a California CDL with an original Hazardous Materials (HazMat) endorsement to undergo a security threat assessment. The USA Patriot Act requires the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to complete a security threat assessment (background records check) before the Department of Motor Vehicles will issue a HazMat endorsement to any applicant.

California CDL Requirements Source