Become a Truck Driver in Kentucky
Complete our simple and free application and CDL Career Now can quickly put you in contact with Kentucky truck driving schools so you can begin your CDL training.
At CDL Career Now, we have a relationship with several truck driving schools in Kentucky that offer a variety of CDL training services, as well as job placement assistance to those who qualify. Our CDL training application is specifically designed to pre-qualify the CDL candidate, assuring that you meet the Kentucky CDL requirements and find a quality truck driving school in Kentucky as well as job placement assistance, when appropriate.
Feel free to dig deeper by clicking the best Kentucky city below to see a list of schools near you. Or you can fill out the application to the left and let us take it from there. Remember, it cost you nothing to apply! The important thing is that you take that first step towards quality CDL training and a rewarding CDL career now.
Kentucky Truck Driving Schools Near:
- Bowling Green
- Ft Mitchell
State of Kentucky CDL Requirements
Kentucky CDL classifications are as follows:
Class A CDL -
- For any combination of vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 pounds or more, provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is more than 10,000 pounds.
Class B CDL -
- Any straight truck with two or more axles and a GVWR of 26,001 pounds or more.
- Any vehicle with two or more axles and a GVWR of 26,001 pounds or more, pulling a vehicle with a GVWR of 10,000 pounds or less.
- A single vehicle designed to transport 16 or more passengers (including the driver) if the GVWR is 26,001 pounds or more.
Class C CDL -
- Any vehicle with a GVWR of less than 26,001 pounds transporting hazardous materials for which placarding is required.
- A single vehicle designed to transport 16 or more passengers (including the driver) if the GVWR is less than 26,001 pounds.