Become a Trucker in New Jersey
Home to the longest boardwalk in the world, New Jersey offers fun from every area in the state. From memorable moments in Atlantic City to calming rolling hills of the Piedmont Plateau, New Jersey has scenery for every trucking experience.
While driving through the coastal plain, search for some wildlife throughout the swamps and white-sand beaches. Don’t get too distracted, remember to keep your eyes on the road and check in on the CB Radio to let everyone know you’re in New Jersey.
If your route navigates you to Margate, New Jersey, show some love to Lucy the Elephant by honking your horn as you pass by. At 65 feet tall, Lucy is a versatile sculpture, serving her time as a bar, an office and at one time, a summer home. Maybe your route takes you the scenic way. If that’s the case, check out the world’s largest light bulb in Edison, New Jersey. The 13- foot-tall bulb serves as a representation of Edison’s most famous invention.
Get Started in Trucking
At CDL Career Now, we have helped tens of thousands of individuals find quality CDL training. We are able to do this because we have a relationship with schools all over the nation, including top truck driving schools in New Jersey. These schools will give you the CDL training you need and, if you qualify, job placement assistance.
Take your career to new and exciting places. CDL Career Now will connect you to the top trucking schools in your area. Don’t sit at the light, accelerate and follow the road to your new career. Fill out the form - start today.
New Jersey Truck Driving Schools Near:
- Jersey City
- Toms River
- Union City
- Cherry Hill
- East Orange
- North Bergen
- West New York
- New Brunswick
State of New Jersey CDL Requirements
To obtain a Commercial Driver's License in the state of New Jersey, you must be at least 18 years of age and meet the following requirements:
- 20/40 vision in each eye
- Must not be color blind. Meaning that applicants must be able to clearly distinguish the colors red, green, and amber.
- Applicants must be physically fit. They must pass a DOT medical Examination. Federal law requires drivers to carry a valid Department of Transportation physical card on persons while driving a commercial motor vehicle. DOT cards must be renewed every two years unless otherwise specified by a doctor or physician.
A CDL is needed to operate the following vehicle classifications:
- For any combination of vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 pounds or more, provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is more than 10,000 pounds.
- Any straight truck with two or more axles and a GVWR of 26,001 pounds or more.
- Any vehicle with two or more axles and a GVWR of 26,001 pounds or more, pulling a vehicle with a GVWR of 10,000 pounds or less.
- A single vehicle designed to transport 16 or more passengers (including the driver) if the GVWR is 26,001 pounds or more.
- Any vehicle with a GVWR of less than 26,001 pounds transporting hazardous materials for which placarding is required.
- A single vehicle designed to transport 16 or more passengers (including the driver) if the GVWR is less than 26,001 pounds.